Twin Buttes Mining and Smelting Co scrip booklet, 2 ½ x 5 ¼. Unused booklet contains three individual pieces of scrip with various denominations around perimeter (to be punched upon use).
Twin Buttes was a small mining town on the east flank of the Sierrita Mountains about twenty miles south of Tucson, in Pima County, Arizona. Named after a prominent hill located next to the town, Twin Buttes was founded around 1903 and abandoned around 1930. Much of the actual town site is now buried underneath mine tailings, and all that remains is the Twin Buttes Cemetery.
Unused, NM condition. az167