The Bashford Burmister Co. Prescott Arizona (Territory), 11 x 8 ½ letterhead. Good illustration of Building The Bashford-Burmister Company was started in 1864 by L. Bashford, but on a very small scale and became a firm in 1867. In 1870 it became L. Bashford and Company and thus continued until 1886 when L. Bashford withdrew and the firm title was changed to The Bashford-Burmister Company which was incorporated April 1, 1892 with R.H. Burmister as president.. In 1876 a one story brick building was erected, later additions made it a three story brick building with a basement. This was the largest store in the Territory., and still stands at 120 W. Gurley St. Original fold lines, overall VG condition.