Two page manuscript letter, 11 x 8 ¼, imprinted letterhead for the St. Louis- Yavapai Milling and Mining Co., Tip Top , Arizona ( Territory) July 1886. To the Board of Supervisors of Yavapai County regarding reimbursement for monies spent repairing County roads. Tip Top is a ghost town in Yavapai County in the U.S. state of Arizona. The town was settled in 1876 in what was then the Arizona Territory. Primarily a silver-mining town, it had a post office from August 12, 1880, until February 14, 1895. The town was founded after Jack Moore and Bill Corning struck a significant lode of silver in 1875. The nearby ghost town of Gillett was the original mill site for the ore from the Tip Top mine. Tip Top at its peak had over 500 residents and was one of the largest towns in Arizona at the time.
Scarce to find ephemera from this town. Exhibits light use and handling, original fold lines, o/w VG- Fine condition.
top of page
bottom of page