Billhead, 7 x 8 ½. C.S. Shotwell & Co., General Merchandise, Logan Arizona ( Territory) 1888. Unused ogan City, Arizona, was located in Pima County, 65 miles west of Tucson. It was established in 1883 following the discovery of silver ore in the Quijotoa Mining District. Soon there were more than 1,200 inhabitants and over 200 houses. By 1886, the mining boom ended and most residents moved on. The town was named for John T. Logan and William R. Logan; two of the partners of the Logan Townsite and Well Company. Other partners included James H. Shotwell and George J. Roskruge. Roskruge was county surveyor and was responsible for surveying the town.
Somwhat pulpish paper, exhibts some wear, small 1” repaired tear bottom center.Overall VG
AZ bh 409 $95.
top of page
SKU: AZ bh 409
bottom of page