Sight draft ( bank check), 3 ¼ x 7 ½, Office of the Quincy Mining Company, Jan 1866. Mining scene vignette left side. Twocent orange revenue stamp affixed.
The Quincy Mine is an extensive set of copper mines located near Hancock, Michigan. The mine was owned by the Quincy Mining Company and operated between 1846 and 1945, although some activities continued through the 1970s. The Quincy Mine was known as "Old Reliable," as the Quincy Mine Company paid a dividend to investors every year from 1868 through 1920. The Quincy Mining Company Historic District is a United States National Historic Landmark District.
Fine condition. ck652